Learn to play rock and pop with Rockschool. These specially written arrangements develop the skills and techniques you need to help you achieve your musical goals.
For Rockschool’s 2018-2024 Bass series, Rockschool have commissioned arrangements of titles reflecting popular music’s rich heritage in all its forms and have tailored each piece to make it exactly right for the grade. You can also use titles from Rockschool’s Classics series as part of the syllabus.
The arrangements have been written and performed by top session musicians who have worked with some of the biggest names in rock, metal and pop. The tracks were recorded at Real World’s acclaimed recording studios and feature live instruments and first rate performances for an unrivalled level of feel, authenticity and musicianship.
The book contains the following songs:
- ‘September’ – Earth, Wind and Fire
- ‘The Whipping Post’ – The Allman Brothers Band
- ‘Uptown Funk’ – Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson
- ‘The Bottle’ – Gil Scott-Heron
- ‘Mr Brightside’ – The Killers
- ‘Get Lucky’ – Daft Punk
- ‘Geek’ – Rockschool Original
- ‘Rollin” – Rockschool Original
- ‘Do Balanco’ – Rockschool Original
- ‘Tiberius’ – Rockschool Original
- ‘Smack Talk’ – Rockschool Original
- ‘Slam Dunk Funk’ – Rockschool Original
This book also includes band and artist fact files with recommended listening, in-depth walk-throughs for each track and example tests and exercises.